Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Time for Transfer #4


Hello everyone!
This week was crazy in our temporary triple-up and doubly-big area. But, we managed, and my area got a new investigator! Her name's Tina, and she is looking for a church for her family. We came over for our second lesson (the Restoration- which, by the way, is the first time I've taught it from beginning to end with an investigator) and she sat down and said, "OK, teach me something." Her dad has Alzheimer's and interrupts and goes completely off-subject, but we do OK. We're taking her on a church tour this week, and I'm hoping to teach her a lesson there WITHOUT her dad. He's also a little creepy, but that's just because of the Alzheimer's. She accepted the invitation to be baptized, and when we see her tomorrow night we're going to ask if September 21st is a good date. I hope she says yes! Unless I'm mistaken, that's the day Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith, right?
We finally got something from drawing a Plan of Salvation! We got a text from an unknown number that said, "Spirit world?" So we texted back a definition, and he asked if family members can come back from the dead. We responded with the resurrection and eternal families. Then he asked where the church is. Say what?! I don't know if he'll actually come, but it'd be cool!
I got a hug on the doorstep (from a man!) for the first time. We knocked on his door, and come to find out he's from St. Mary's, Idaho! He wasn't interested, really, but after we talked to him he came out and gave us hugs before we left. It was a little awkward, but funny, and we're sure the Lord understands. :)
I get a new companion tomorrow, but I'm staying in Sandusky South, and I'm glad. I wonder how long I'll stay here, since I was only in Lakewood West for two transfers. We'll see! I hope she's a nice sister. I know of one who's companion is training, and if she's my companion I'll be a happy sister, because she's a sweetheart. :)

We drove to Cleveland FOUR TIMES last week! We had to drop Sister Bennett off on Monday, we had Zone Conference on Tuesday (which was awesome!), I had a diabetes appointment at the Cleveland Clinic on Wednesday (which is one of the top five hospitals in the nation, unbeknownst to me when I set the appointment, so lucky me!), and then we were surprised with an additional trip on Friday because Sister Turpin had to go to trainers meeting, and there's no one else training west of Cleveland, so we all had to go. CRAZY! And we're going to Kirtland tomorrow for transfers. Miles= shot. Luckily, we have another car that's been sitting there for a week, so that one will go under miles and will all balance out.
Question: Do any of you other missionaries have a TIWI? If so, how do you like him? I'll explain what TIWI is next week; I'm running out of time.
I know the Lord is in this work. I love being a missionary! And I love you all. :) Have a great week!

-- 
***Sister McKayla Richards***
"For with God, nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment