Hello Everyone!
Every week in the mission field is a good week, but not every week is very productive. My companion's been getting worse and worse, and this week we only taught one lesson, and it was to a member. We had zero's down the board, and it was very sad to report that last night. We've talked to other people, but she's been to sick to have enough proselyting time to really teach more lessons. But, like my mission president told me this week, it's better to focus on what we CAN do when she's sick, rather than what we CAN'T.
Every week in the mission field is a good week, but not every week is very productive. My companion's been getting worse and worse, and this week we only taught one lesson, and it was to a member. We had zero's down the board, and it was very sad to report that last night. We've talked to other people, but she's been to sick to have enough proselyting time to really teach more lessons. But, like my mission president told me this week, it's better to focus on what we CAN do when she's sick, rather than what we CAN'T.
So, I really don't have much to report as far as stories go. But, Sister Bennett and I were philosophizing this week, and I thought I'd share it with you, because it's a really good thought: We were discussing the pre-existance, and the thought came up of what did we do in the pre-existance that made it so we came to THIS world, during THIS dispensation, born in the covenant with strong families, among the Saints (she's from Utah) and having the opportunities we do. Not thinking we were amazing or better than a lot of people, because I know there are righteous, valiant souls were are not born in our circumstances, but we have a lot of blessings. When you look at the number of people who actually have the opportunities we do, it's humbling. Anyway, food for thought. I'm so thankful I was born in this time to this family in the knowledge of the gospel with the chance to go on a mission.
I've come up with a list of 3 things that are common in Ohio, but not in Idaho (just as something interesting; I've been developing it for a while):
1- Almost everyone smokes. Pretty much. It's kinda gross.
2- Almost everyone has indoor pets. Not just some people, not just people with their own houses, everyone.
3- Men of all ages go shirtless in all sorts of situations. We've talked to shirtless men while tracting, and especially the old, hairy, chubbier ones love to go shirtless while doing yard work.
Anyway, totally random, but there you have it. Fellow missionaries, what are three things about YOUR mission that are unique and/or weird?
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!!
I love you all! Have a wonderful week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment