Hello Everyone!
Sister Bennett went home this morning... We found out on Friday that she would be leaving, though we had some forewarning that it might happen. Still, it's really sad. I'm going to miss her. I'm in a temporary triple-up with the other sisters who share my ward, Sister Planer and Sister Turpin. Will I never have a normal transfer? I guess this makes it more fun. :) I've discovered that, including these two temporary companions, and my half-companion Sister Morris last transfer, I've had six companions in three transfers. What?! Either I'm a pain and they have to keep pawning me off on other people, or I'm so wonderful that have to share me with everyone. I like to think the latter. ;) So, I know for sure I'm getting a new comp next week (transfers again already! I know, right?!). This week I'll be working in "Sandusky Southeast," which combines our two areas. It'll be fun!
Our only real "progressing investigator", Jenni, isn't progressing anymore... Actually, our next lesson is going to be a "dropping" lesson. :( It's so sad to see someone choose not to take the steps toward the gospel! Still, she knows it's true, so she will be baptized someday. She got baptized at a slightly anti-Mormon church a few weeks ago and told us about it this week.. Uh-oh... I love her, though, and I'm praying that she chooses to come someday. I guess some people need more time than others.
I remembered another thing that's different about people in Ohio: Everyone tells you their life story. EVERYONE. You can get an entire life story on the porch before they tell you they're not interested! And members love to tell you them, too. It's really funny, though sometimes it makes for really long teaching appointments that you can't cut short! It makes me laugh how insanely open some people are. Maybe it's something about being a missionary, and people trust us instantly. (That is, if they aren't scared of us, which some people are.) That's a good thing, I guess. There can be no conversion without trust. :)
I remembered another thing that's different about people in Ohio: Everyone tells you their life story. EVERYONE. You can get an entire life story on the porch before they tell you they're not interested! And members love to tell you them, too. It's really funny, though sometimes it makes for really long teaching appointments that you can't cut short! It makes me laugh how insanely open some people are. Maybe it's something about being a missionary, and people trust us instantly. (That is, if they aren't scared of us, which some people are.) That's a good thing, I guess. There can be no conversion without trust. :)
We have Zone Conference tomorrow. I'm in a new zone, but I'm going back to the chapel from my old area for the conference (it's the stake center, and I'm still in the Cleveland stake). It should be fun, and I get to see old friends from the Cleveland Zone! Yay! Time goes way too fast on the mission... we have zone conferences quarterly, and that means I've been here over a quarter... Actually, nearly 4 1/2 months... Oh boy...
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Richards
Sister Richards
Pictures!
Missionary Pictures 004: Me in front of our house!
Missionary Picrtures 006: Part of an AWESOME Plan of Salvation we drew in a park with chalk. It includes our phone number, mormon.org, written out verses from the BOM, references for bible scriptures, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and a basic Plan of Salvation all in colorful sidewalk chalk. :D


No comments:
Post a Comment