Monday, July 15, 2013

Last Week in Lakewood West


Hello everyone!
 
Yep, the "subject" line is correct: I'm being transferred! I have no idea where I'm going, and I've only been here for three months! But, since Sister Dahle is training, they have to boot me out to make room for the new sister. ;) I'm excited, but I'm sad to go. I've met wonderful people here who I love very much. It's true: Transfers are a very bitter-sweet experience. This one is unusual because we were called Monday night, but transfers aren't till Friday. So I have lots of days to see people. That's nice, but it'll be hard to be focused, especially when I weekly plan for an area that won't be mine next week...
 
We went to a BBQ with our favorite single members (and nonmembers :D) for the 4th. It was so fun! We still had normal curfew, though, and we couldn't see any fireworks from our window. :P Oh well, the holiday was still fun. :)
 
We didn't see ANY of our progressing investigators this week. Grr... Hayley and Sienna supposedly have a baptism date for two weeks from now, but unless Mom is on board it won't happen. It seems like this happens every time... Eventually they will get baptized. They want it and the Lord wants it and their grandma wants it, so that team can't be beat. ;)
 
The lady that was originally a "Do Not Contact", Kathy, is now one of our regular lessons! She woudn't commit to reading the Book of Mormon when we saw her a couple weeks ago, but when we saw her the other day she'd been reading!!!!!! I'm so excited; there is such an incredible change in her. I'm sad I won't be able to see it through. I wish I could stay and see a lot of these people reach their potential, but I've seen them change and begin on that path, so that's OK.
 
I'm sitting here in the library... and I really want to give a mormon.org card to the volunteer who's memorized my name to give me my guest pass every week (we come here a lot :P). I don't know if we're allowed to give them away in here... I'll let you know if anything happens. :P
 
I love you all. Have a fantastic week!!
 
Love,
Sister McKayla Richards
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment