Hello Everyone!
This week was more eventful in the investigator department. Most weeks we end up focusing mainly on less-actives, but this week we had five lessons with investigators or other nonmembers, plus we actually got referrals! We met Bob, the crazy guy on the phone from last week. He's... interesting. Sister Oliver and I saw him while on exchanges. When the Spirit started getting strong he got fidgity, then grabbed a random 5-pound weight and started doing bicep curls! What?! I've never seen so many people uncomfortable when feeling the Spirit as they do here. I just want to tell them, "Stop! Sit down. Feel. It's a good feeling, trust me. But, don't move!!" But, as a missionary, we have to be a bit more reserved than that. We're hoping to see him again today. I'm not sure he's really interested, though. Still, who am I to judge?
We had a lesson with Hayley this week. She didn't go to girl's camp, and hasn't been to primary in two months or so. I think there are some hard things going on with her (she's the eleven-year-old, Sienna's sister, and their mom is always out of town and they are living with her boyfriend, etc) and so she's struggling a bit. She still says she wants to be baptized on the 20th, but I wouldn't be too surprised if she backs out at the last second. Sienna, however, LOVED girls' camp, even though it rained the entire week and her tent was flooded. She is rock solid, and I hope her testimony can help her sister.
We also taught the Seljan family this week. Denine is reading the BoM ON HER OWN!! She is GOLDEN, but her husband is stubborn and completely not interested. He must know it's true deep down inside, because he comes up with all sorts of reasons NOT to read the Book of Mormon. Silly reasons, ones that should convince him not to read the Bible, either. Oh well. We'll keep working on him. The only problem is, Denine may not be baptized without him. But, if she does get baptized, her kids will, too. Her eight year old (who is CRAZY, but super cute and a mini Mozart on the piano) wants to be a missionary. :) They've always lived by Mormons, whenever they move, and they are friends with the best member missionaries in our ward. We have a lot of hope for that family. Actually, Denine counts as a progressing investigator now! So, we're up to THREE!! (Our area is a little slow... can you tell? :P) I love it here, though. Transfers are next Friday (so, in a week and a few days) and Sister Dahle and I are both anxiously waiting to see who gets transferred... I hope I get to train, though. It would be so fun, and you know how much I love to teach. Plus, I want to love on a scared new missionary and make them feel like they can do anything and help them learn that they can continually improve. Sis Dahle thinks I'm weird for wanting to train, but I do! Does that surprise any of you? ;)
Have a wonderful week! I love you all! We are all part of the same amazing redemptive work. Press forward, Saints! :D
Sister Richards
No comments:
Post a Comment