Hello Everyone!
We had 10 lessons this week! I know that's not a lot, but it is for our area! And, we set a realistic goal for 20 this week, so here we go!! The only problem is, we had an investigator drop us yesterday... that makes one gained and two dropped in two weeks, with another probably dropping this week. :( But, we're going to find 100 this week! Or, maybe 3, since that would be a miracle for us. :)
We had 10 lessons this week! I know that's not a lot, but it is for our area! And, we set a realistic goal for 20 this week, so here we go!! The only problem is, we had an investigator drop us yesterday... that makes one gained and two dropped in two weeks, with another probably dropping this week. :( But, we're going to find 100 this week! Or, maybe 3, since that would be a miracle for us. :)
This week Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the Seventy came to talk to us! He met with the Youngstown, Akron, and Kirtland zones, and then with the Cleveland and Toledo Zones (me). (I guess some of you may be hearing from Elder Barnes about this same conference... It will have a different spin because it was the other session. :P) He talked about how knowing who we are influences how we act and think and work, etc. We talked about how we are of the House of Israel, and how we have a duty to gather Israel and help fulfill the Abrahamic Covenant. He also talked about the Priesthood, which I feel like I still don't understand fully. I just need a man to sit down with me and tell me EVERYTHING about the Priesthood, because I never feel like it's explained sufficiently for me. Anyway. :) He also spoke about exact obedience (surprise, surprise) and how Works+Faith+Obedience=Miracles. One of our mission "Standards of Excellence" is to goal for 10 baptisms over the course of your mission. I haven't had one yet... and I've been losing faith a little. His talk pumped me up, and I'm working on gaining the faith to get all 10! Even if I don't, if I gain the faith to, that's an achievement in and of itself. I loved his talk (it was more like a discussion, really) and it made me excited to be a missionary!
We saw our miracle investigator, Shonna, this week. We've called a few times offering to serve her, and she finally took us up on it; and boy, did she use us! We rearranged her living room, dusted, vacuumed, and listened to her talk. She doesn't get people visiting very often, I think, because she seemed to appreciate that more than anything. She can only use a quarter of her lungs, so the other stuff was very helpful, too. We taught her about the Book of Mormon, and after she'd promised to read it and born her testimony of how God answers prayers in His own way and timing (WOW!) she asked, "Will you stop visiting me if I decide not to be a Mormon?" We assured her that we would still come see her, but we're pretty confident she's going to be a Mormon. It's called faith. :) She then gave us some clothes she doesn't wear any more to try on, and then asked us what we do for the holidays, and if she can feed us for Thanksgiving. I think I've found a lifelong/ eternal friend. She is the sweetest lady with the strongest faith in Christ, and she loves us so much already. We're her "young'ns," and we're very OK with that, because we love her, too. :)
One last thing: Yesterday, we went to Bellevue with no lessons planned, and came home having taught a less-active, a member, and a part-member family. When you prayerfully set goals, the Lord helps you reach them!!
I love you all! The church is true!
I love you all! The church is true!
Picture 001: Sister Hawkins and Sister Warden by our cart when the four of us missionaries went to Goodwill last P-Day. Most of that is Sister Warden's. :)
Picture 002: This is Sister Hawkins and I painting Sister Tobey's basement. She took the pic on her phone and sent it to my email, so it's not great quality, but it works.
Picture 003Almost an entire MTC sister reunion at Elder Bowen's conference. Sister Caldwell, my old companion, was there but left before we took this. This is Sister Nielson and Sister Planer.
Pic 004: A BEAUTIFUL red sunset in Milan. The picture doesn't do it justice.--
Picture 005: a closeup of the sunset
***Sister McKayla Richards***
"For with God, nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:37)





No comments:
Post a Comment