Monday, June 10, 2013

You're Weekly Update from Cleveland, Ohio!!


Actually, it really is an update from Cleveland, not just the Cleveland mission. My area consists of three of Cleveland's suburbs, so we're the closest a sister will ever come to serving in downtown Cleveland... Exciting! It's very safe, though, so no worries. Elder Graf and Elder Moreland, however, have a sketchy area. What's funny is that we share a ward! So, when we go visit people in their area (which we do on occasion) we try to stay during the daytime. One of the ladies in their area, who we stopped by and set up an appointment with once, is now suspected of illegal drugs, so we cancelled our appointment and NO missionaries are to go see her. Usually, though, we go to Lakewood just to see the single sisters FHE group. We go over almost every Monday. We shouldn't, but we love them so much! Plus, there have been nonmembers coming lately, so it's been good.
 
We met with Hayley and Sienna this week for the first time since their mom left. Their grandma is adament that their mom won't add any more stipulations to their getting baptized. We hope she sticks to that determination, because if she decides to make them do something else, we as missionaries can't do anything about it. We're back to meeting with the girls every Tuesday and Thursday, and they have a new baptism date for July 20th! We're PRAYING that goes through. The only bad thing is that it is the week after transfers, so Sister Dahle is praying she doesn't get transferred (she's been working with them for six weeks longer than I have) and I hope I don't get transferred either. Maybe we can come back to see the baptism if we beg hard enough. ;)
 
We haven't found any new investigators yet, but we did meet a less-active's son's nonmember girlfriend yesterday, and she was very interested in our religion. I gave her a BoM and gave a two-minute Restoration. She didn't commit to meet again, but the less-active said that she could meet with us in their house. If that really were to happen, imagine the blessings for all parties involved! You'd have a less-active (practically inactive) member, her wayward son, and his nonmember girlfriend all coming closer to Christ. It seems to good to be true, so I'm hoping it is. If not, it was great practice for the Restoration anyway. :P
 
I love you all. All you missionaries, have a fantastic week doing the Lord's work! I'm blessed to be part of a huge support group of missionaries all around the world doing the Lord's work. To all of you at home, have a fantastic summer and have fun! I love you all! Thanks for the letters, prayers and support.
 
Love,
Sister McKayla Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment